CNL-501: Topic 1 Addiction Worksheet
Part One Directions: Provide short answers of 100-250 words each for the following questions/statements. Include at least three scholarly resources beyond the course textbook in your response and listed as a reference at the bottom of the worksheet.
1. Define the following types of biological effects in the context of substance use disorder treatment.
2. Select two substances from the following and describe at least two common pharmacological and physiological effect of each (100-250 words each).
- Another DSM Substance Use Disorder of your choice
3. What is a process addiction? What is a substance use disorder? How are the two similar and how are they different?
4. How would a counselor establish a treatment relationship to work with a client with a substance use disorder or process addiction
5. Briefly explain the history of substance abuse treatment in the United States over the past 100 years. How did the early practices differ from what is being done today?
6. Briefly describe the development of interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary teams in regards to the treatment of addictions.
Part Two Directions: Select one psychological and one biological theory/model from the list below and add them to the chart. Include a brief description of the model as well as the similarities and differences of the selected models.
|12-Step Model||Developmental Model|
|Family Disease||Learning Models|
|Neurobiological Model||Public Health Model|
|Behavioral Models||Disease Model|
|Healing Model||Moral Model|
|Personality Models||Stage of Change Model|
|Cognitive-Behavioral Model||Family Systems|
|Genetic Model||Multicausal Model|
|Psychodynamic Model||Subcultural Models|
|Psychological Theory/Model||Biological Theory/Model|
|Brief Description (25-50 words)
|Brief Description (25-50 words)|
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a scoring guide. Please review the scoring guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrit