NUR131 Assessment Three
- Utilising coroners reports to further understand the Australian Registered Nurse Standards and the importance of Ethics in decision making.
Length: 500 words and a 10 minuet PowerPoint presentation words +/- 10%.
The reference list is NOT included in the word count.
The NUR 131 Learning Outcomes addressed by this assignment include how to:
- Explain the role and responsibilities of the registered nurse as part of the multidisciplinary healthcare team to attain culturally safe and quality health outcomes.
- Discuss and reflect on the Registered Nurse standards and scope of practice in relation to other nursing and healthcare roles.
- Discuss legal and ethical responsibilities of the nurse in diverse healthcare settings including mental health, aged care, remote health and medication management.
- Identify and respond to legal and ethical issues in professional nursing practice in alignment with NSQHS standards.
Assessment Task 3 – Digital presentation.
Assessment Task: Digital presentation (500 words + 10 minute video)
Value (of total mark) :40%
For this assignment you are required to analyse the following coroner’s case.
Inquest into the death of Margaret Winter
You are delivering a presentation at a National Nursing Council conference addressing legal and ethical breaches and associated mitigation strategies.
Within your presentation, you need to:
- Discuss the legal and ethical breaches that were made in the coroner’s case, linking to scope of practice, standards of practice, codes of ethics and other regulatory documents.
- Choose one ethical breach that you identified and provide a discussion on how this might be prevented in the future.