Nursing Leadership Reflection Assignment
Part A: (150 words) Before commencing the modules in the unit or within the first two weeks of semester, describe what the role of the nurse as a leader means to you.
Part B: (850 words) Now having completed the modules within the unit look back on your description in part A.
- What does the role of the nurse as a leader mean to you now?
- Has your description changed?
- What have you learned that may have led to this realisation? (You should draw on key literature/readings to support your reflection.
- What are some key issues/topics that stood out for you and why?
- Now that you may have this ‘new’ sense of the role of the nurse as a leader what type of leader do you want to be and identify some potential study, career and personal development goals that will assist with your leadership development
Note: You may write in the first person
- Professional nursing practice takes a life long learning approach. In this assessment you will concentrate on your own leadership learning and development, reflecting on what you have learned from this unit and setting some goals for your own career progression and
- Personal development planning allows you to focus on potential study, career and personal development options and goals