University Admission Opinion Essay
- Should universities accept students who have poor grades but are very creative? Why?
Write an opinion essay focusing on essay organization. Build on the existing structure on the next page
- 1x Introduction paragraph (see next page) (5 sentences minimum) (with the topic and background information and end with your thesis statement. (Example thesis statement: In my opinion the universities should ……., because …….)
- 3x reason paragraphs. Each paragraph explains one reason (see next page). (8 sentence for each paragraph). For each, write a paragraph with a topic sentence, and supporting statements and details)
- 1x concluding paragraph (see next page). (5 sentences minimum) (Start with a transition word (e.g. in conclusion, all in all, etc), reinstate the thesis sentence from the first paragraph. Add comments and/or recommendation.
Use these words and phrases where possible (not all the words are needed, just where it makes sence):
- create, capable, explore, range, concept, design, motivate, relevant, a wide range, capable of expressing, basic concepts, main motivation, explore the possibility
- Use diferent word forms of the selected words from the above list where possible (the following sentence is just an example, do not use this sentence in the essay):
For example: Children who create art benefit from this hobby later in life. Research shows that they are often more creative as adults, and creativity is linked to effective problem solving