Wk1: Effective Communication Assignment
In your paper:
- Describe two or more instances of miscommunication in the A Failure to Communicate (Links to an external site.)
- Describe two of the six basic principles of effective interpersonal communication, utilizing Bevan (Section 1.4)
- Here are the principles of competent communication: taking responsibility for your behavior, trying to achieve shared meaning, acknowledging multiple views, respecting others and yourself, listening and evaluating the message before responding, and learning and practicing your communication skills.
- For further elaboration of these principles, watch one or more of the videos in the “Resources” box in the top-right corner of this assignment prompt.
- Explain how the characters in the video follow or do not follow the two principles identified, utilizing Bevan.
- Explain one or more form(s) of noise from Bevan (Section 1.2) and how it caused the miscommunication in the video, utilizing Bevan.
- These include physical, physiological, psychological, and semantic noise.
- Discuss how this noise can be overcome, based on advice from Bevan.
The Basic Principles of Effective and Competent Communication paper
- Must be 500 words (two double-spaced pages) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.