Assessment 1- Critical Review
How well are public news articles about supply chain management argued? Here’s your chance to respond to the author or the editor, with your suggestions on how their article could be improved!
Select a publicly available, relevant newspaper article published in the last five years from one of the following online newspapers:
- The Age (http://www.theage.com.au/)
- Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/)
- Transport & Logistics News (http://www.tandlnews.com.au/)
- Australian Manufacturing (http://www.australianmanufacturing.com.au/)
Make sure you choose an article that enables you to either refute the topic, accept the main argument and refine the key points, or highlight the strengths and weaknesses.
Write a critical review to the author or the editor of the publication, detailing your critique of the article, and justifying your opinions, with reference to both the material covered in Module 1 of this subject, and to the relevant academic literature (at least 3 academic sources). Make sure your response is engaging, well-informed, and analytic – increase your chances of your response being published!
Remember to attach your chosen article as an appendix to the critical response paper, so that we can see the original author’s work.
Read through the marking rubric for this assessment task carefully, before starting on your paper. Prepare your critical review as a Word document, addressed to the author or editor, of no more than 1000 words, and submit via the Assessment 1 submission link.
- If you wish to use an article sourced from other newspapers (not listed above), you will need to seek an approval from your subject coordinator.
- Read through the instructions for Assessment 4 before starting your search for the newspaper article. Ideally, try to select an article that addresses the supply chain that you will be focusing on for Assessment 4.
- Read carefully through the marking guide for this assessment task, and make sure you understand the criteria of this task before you start.
- Attach the original article as an appendix to your review (not included in your word count).