Case Study Coney Island
Unit 3 Assignment: Coney Island Hospital Case Study
In this Assignment, you will be assessed on the following outcome:
- HR485-2: Explain a strategic approach to human resource management.
In this Assignment, you will apply the key guidelines associated with job design, including autonomy and interdependence.
Based on your reading of the “Coney Island Hospital” at the end of Chapter 4, answer the following questions in a 2–3-page paper.
Note: Where appropriate, support your assertions from your readings and/or your own experiences. Be sure to answer all four questions.
- What are some specific ways in which the new work design improves the satisfaction of patients?
- How do you think the new procedures increase autonomy?
- What lessons can be learned from this case about the way to implement effective work redesign?
- What type of HR strategy (from Chapter 4 in your text) might be in place at the hospital? Does this redesign support that strategy? Why or why not?
To successfully complete the Assignment, the following are the minimum requirements:
- Complete a 2–3-page paper in APA 6th edition formatting — 12-point font, double spaced, indented paragraphs, citations, reference list, etc. Review the APA formats found in Writing Resources accessed through the Academic Success Center within the Academic Tools area of the course.
- Your Assignment should have a cover sheet with the following information: Title of the paper, your name, course and section number, and date. Case Study Coney Island
- Include introductory and summary paragraphs.
- Limit the use of direct quotations — instead, paraphrase and cite the author’s work.
Reinforce your personal opinions with at least two credible or scholarly research articles (not to exceed 10–15% of content). Peer-reviewed articles, journal articles, textbooks, and Library resources are examples of high quality resources. Note that Wikipedia, Investopedia, etc. are not considered as reliable resources for this research