Creating a Curriculum Web
In a Word document, create a curriculum web/map in a SmartArt diagram to indicate where and how students will be exposed to language in your age group for your program. Include:
- The word “LANGUAGE” in the center of the web/map.
- At least five (5) curriculum activity areas for your age group and facility (i.e., blocks, art, science, manipulatives, dramatic play, library, outdoors, sensory, etc.)
- A category for family engagement and communication
On a second page in the same document, write an explanation that includes the following for EACH ACTIVITY AREA in the map:
- At least three (3) developmentally appropriate strategies or ideas that detail what you can include to enhance or encourage expressive and receptive language development specific to your age group (Example: using language strategies, conversation, and open-ended questions in conjunction with visuals, books, audio, and play-based activities/materials)
- Rationale for your choice of strategies