Critical Appraisal of Jean Watson
Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring is a conceptual thread in the College of Nursing’s curriculum framework. The purpose of this assignment is to offer students the opportunity to be exposed to Human Caring Science while providing students with the skills of critical appraisal of evidence.
- Select one nursing research article that focuses on a study that used Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring as a theoretical framework.
- Use as a guide, an appropriate Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist found in Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt (2019; pp. 708-722).
- The critique should include a brief description of the study that was reviewed and should address elements of the study relevant to the critique.
- Provide a written critique on a critical appraisal of the elements relevant to the nature of the research study such as type of study, design, quality of the study; and rationale, as well as implications for practice and further research and/or evaluation.
The grade will be based on accuracy, level of content, and structure of the document.
- APA format with intext citations
- Length: 4-5 pages (including title and reference pages)
- References: 2 high-level scholarly references within the last 5 years in APA format.
- Plagiarism free.
- Turnitin receipt.