Critical Self-assessment Essay
- The coursework 2 essay title is;
○ “A critical self-assessment of my personal and experiential engagement with positive psychological practices”. (prefer use mindfulness)
Sources of personal and experiential material
- The sources of personal/experiential material for this essay are;
- Your favoured practices (chosen at the start)
- Experiences from seminars
- Life experience more generally
- For essay itself you should;
○ Critically reflect upon your chosen experiential resources.
○ Integrate a discussion of the experiences with a sound reading of relevant positive psychological academic literature
Aspects of a good essay
- Your essay shows realistic engagement with your favoured practices, seminars, and life experience. i.e. practical engagement
- Your essay shows a solid understanding of academic positive psychology.
- Your essay integrates your discussion of self with the academic literature (i.e. it is not just two essays – one half on you and a separate half on academic issues). Critical Self-assessment Essay
Aspects of a bad essay
- Little real engagement with experience/seminars shown.
- Little academic understanding shown.
- Essay is poorly written.
- Academic/Experiential Integration is Poor.