Cross Cultural Business Issues
You are an executive assistant for a manager of a cosmetics company based in the USA. The company is considering expanding its operations and opening a branch in China and you have been asked to write a report looking at cultural working differences between the USA and China.
Referring to Hofstede’s dimensions and their effect on working practices, write a report about potential problems that could arise between staff from the two countries working together.
Hofstede, G.; Hofstede, G.J. & Minkov, M. 2010. Cultures and Organisations. New York: McGraw Hill
- Report style (sections, headings – introduction, findings, analysis, etc.)
- Wordcount: 1300
- Font: Arial 12 pts.
- The in-text References and the Bibliography must be in Harvard’s citation style.
The following learning outcomes will be assessed:
- Ability to select and present relevant findings in a concise written style according to word count
- Ability to analyse and interpretate evidence (eg. evaluating consequences, implications)
- Referencing following Harvard conventions (reference list and in text quotation or paraphrasing)