Assignment 3: Global Fast Food Market and its Effects
Please Note: In order to achieve a higher grade, you will need to demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the Common Good and its relationship to other CST principles, particularly Human Dignity. Your discussion should demonstrate how Advocacy and Community Engagement may contribute to your proposed solution. ORDER YOUR PAPER NOW
Length and/or format: 1000-1200 words.
Purpose: To demonstrate your ability to apply your knowledge and understanding of principles of human dignity, advocacy, and community engagement to potential ways to address the challenge of realising the common good in a global context.
References: APA referencing. No more than 5-7 years old. In-text referencing is must.
Topic: Global Fast Food Market and its Effects
Description: Extending your work from Assignment 2, write a 1000-1200 word paper that briefly critiques a global issue (the issue or challenge you chose for Assessment 2) where shared responsibility for the common good is not being realised (approx. 300 words) and then, propose ways to address this challenge (approx.. 900 words) in your professional (nursing) community, locally and globally. ORDER YOUR PAPER NOW
Below are some tips that were discussed in class for assignment 2. These tips may help you in assignment 3.
- Clear explanation of the issue
- Conduct your own research
- Look for reliable sources of information
- Including reliable statistics is helpful for illustrating the issue
- Make clear connections to your profession
- Choose an issue that clearly relates to your profession
- Analyse this issue in terms of the unit content (most important)
- Why does this issue mean that the common good is not being realised?
- Don’t just state THAT it means the common good is not being realised, but clearly explain HOW. What aspects of it conflict with what aspects of the common good?
- What would the common good be in this issue?
- How could your profession contribute to people flourishing? How it could promote equality?
- What are the challenges with realising aspirations of the common good in relation to this issue?
- What are the relevant CST principles here? Remember the principles are interdependent and branch off from the main ones. What other ideas/terms are relevant? (previously mentioned in Core)
- Discuss local and global contexts. Emphasis is on the global.
For assignment 3, your introduction (approx 300 words) needs to be a condensed version of the second assignment, covering as much as you can of the above. (because I failed Assessment 2, so it needs be covered in the introduction.) This is worth 15marks (see rubric 1 and 2) Then you need to examine possible solution/s to the issue, this is the bulk of the essay, (900 words). ORDER YOUR PAPER NOW
Here are some tips that were discussed at length in the week 10 tutorials.
- Brief but clear explanation of the issue
- Covered mostly in task 1, but still needs to be evident
- Do not spend too much time on this. Concise and clear.
- Summary of your findings in task 2 (or improved since first submission) about where shared responsibility for the common good is not being realised
- Why does this issue mean the common good is not being realised?
- 300 words. Do not make this the main part of your essay. It is introductory
- What are some ways to address this challenge in your professional community?
- The bulk of the response (900 words)
- This does not need to be a personal response (i.e. what can YOU SPECIFICALLY do?) I want answers more than just “I can volunteer for this organisation”
- How can your professional community help?
- How can your community contribute to the common good in this case?
- Are there are existing initiatives to address this issue? Exploring these would be good as well
- What skills can someone in your position bring to this problem?
- Do research here. Don’t just guess and speculate
- How do these solutions bring about the common good or other CST principles?
- Discuss local and global contexts
Basic essay style and structure (introduction, body, and conclusion)
First person sentences are accepted
Clear and coherent writing
- The emphasis is on your proposed ways of addressing the challenge that you wrote on in the second assessment.
- Your tutor is looking for a well-argued view in order to move forward on the issue or problem, with reference to the realisation of the common good in both local and global contexts within your professional community (the professional community you are part of now, or will be a member of, in the future).
- The essay is to be no more than 1200 words long.
- Try and express your thoughts clearly and concisely and make your argument as directly and as clearly as you can. The challenge, once again, is to present a strong argument within the word limit. The referencing guides on LEO will help.
- Please make sure that everything taken from other sources is referenced correctly and systematically.
- We have included a number of recommended e-readings to help you with the assessment also.