HIM 213 Week 2 Assignment
In this assignment you are the HIM director and your tasks are:
Create a training and development plan for the HIM department that includes the following items:
- A method for assessing the needs and knowledge gaps for all HIM employees, including management positions. Design the assessment instrument.
- A plan for identifying the sensory learning styles of the HIM department employees.
- Develop a six-month training and development program for each of the employee categories listed previously. The plan should consist of the following:
- Identify at least two training topics that all employees have in common and a different training model to use for each of the two training topics.
- Create a CE plan for each credentialed position: ROI coordinator, coder, HIM supervisor, and data quality specialist. Include both on-site and off-site CE opportunities. HIM 213 Week 2 Assignment
- Be mindful of budgetary constraints.
- A training and development plan template is provided in figure 9.2 for guidance. A different template may be created.
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE:
|Position||Training needs||Continuing education needs||Method of delivery||Budget impact|
|Updates on new procedures||In house lecture or creation of a narrated PowerPoint to view
Updates can be provided by physicians or clinicians.
|Minimal to include time away from work for training|