Individual Analyzing Published Research
Individual Analyzing Published Research Article (IAPRA) Paper
- The purpose of this paper is to interpret the article as most relevant to the group topic.
- Use your article from your ITSS paper to write this paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies (PO#4 & 8).
- CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence-based practice (PO#4 & 8).
Points Possible: 200 Points
- It is NOT acceptable to use bullet-points in the body of text review paper.
- The paper must be PARAPHRASED with your OWN words with in-text citations.
- It is NOT acceptable to QUOTE article contents EXCEPT the Purpose of Study.
- Paper must include all required APA-Style/Format
- Do NOT leave blank for any of these review elements.
- Any review element left blank will get 0 point: If authors did not provide information or it was not applicable for certain elements, make note such as “No information was given” or “Not applicable”
PLAGIARISM: “Turnitin” Percentage
- Less than 25 percentage: Acceptable percentage.
- Turnitin Draft Submission Box
- Submit your draft of paper into Turnitin Draft Submission Box to check your percentage as many times as needed before you submit your final paper to designated Unit.
- If your Final paper has 25% or higher percentage, you must revise/modify your paper contents BEFORE you submit your paper due date and time.
- If your Final paper has 25% or higher percentage AT/AFTER you submit your final paper due date and time, Academic Integrity Violation Procedures will be initiated
Academic Integrity Violation Procedure
- Academic Integrity Violation letter will be sent to student
- Assignment Grade will be 0 point
- The violation case will be reviewed, and a further sanction will be determined by the Administrators
Individual Analyzing Published Research Article (IAPRA)
Part I: Research Question, Purpose, Variables and Participants
- Clearly and concisely states your group research question as formulated in PICO format.
- PICO Question: Does Exercise improve mental health symptoms in patients with psychiatric disorders
Purpose of the Study
- Describe the purpose/aim of the study as the author stated in the article: may cut & paste
- Do NOT change or modify the purpose statement on the article
- Identify study variables from the above stated Purpose of Study
- Quantitative Study: Dependent & Independent Variables OR Descriptive, Qualitative Study: Variables of Interest
- Enrollment: How did they recruit/enroll eligible participants in the study?
- Inclusion & Exclusion Criteria: Describe Inclusion & Exclusion Criteria
- Total Participant Numbers: Total numbers of participants in the study
Intervention Procedures/Obtaining Information Procedures
- Intervention/Treatment Group
- Describe the intervention contents given to Intervention group
- Describe how the contents were given to Intervention group
- Identify the person who provided Intervention contents to Intervention group
- Control Group: If the study has Control Group
- Describe the contents given to Control group
- Describe how the contents were given to Control group
- Identify the person who provided contents to Control group
Descriptive/Qualitative Study: Obtaining Information Procedure
- Describe the detailed procedure for obtaining information/data (i.e. made appointment to meet each participant, visited home/met in clinical setting……etc)
Part II: Data Collection Procedures & Measurement Tools/Instruments
- Describe ALL methods to collect data in detail (i.e. interview, survey, observation……etc.)
- Describe each measurement tool/instrument used to measure/assess outcomes in the study in detail.
Participant Characteristics/Sociodemographic Findings
- Describe participant characteristics or sociodemographic status
- Must be objective, descriptive, and comprehensive
- Must describe the findings of Tables/Figures to provide comprehensive information about participant characteristics as article provided.
- Describe ALL Other Results/Findings besides above participant characteristics in detail.
- Each result item must include Headings/Subheadings as the article provided.
- Do NOT simply saying “pain level was decreased,” “adherence was increased”…etc
- Do NOT include contents from Discussion and/or Conclusion in the article.
Part III: Synthesis of Findings
Synthesis of Findings
- Describe the Rationale/Mechanism for how/why Finding of each intervention/factor helps your Research Question (i.e. how/what mechanism does music therapy help pain, how does sucking stimulation increase oral intake for pre-term infants)
- Should NOT repeat same contents you had on Findings section and/or article
- May include citations from other sources for above described rationale/mechanism (i.e. textbooks, CDC…etc)
- How the nurses can implement the research findings into nursing practice.
Group Article Summary Table (All group members)
- Describe each group member’s article on Research Article Summary Table.
- Use bullet points for each category.