Individual Task 3- Reflective Report
TITLE: Reflective Report
WEIGHTING: 15 marks
DUE DATE: Week 11
WORD LIMIT: 1000 (+/- 10%) words
SUBMISSION: via the Turnitin function in the Assessments section of the unit Blackboard
TASK: You are required to present a reflective writing on one (1) of the following four (4) topics:
- How has the learning of OB impacted on your thinking, behaviour and approaches both as an individual and as a team member?
- Reflect on an incident you have involved in or witnessed in a work environment in the past. What should have been done differently drawing on OB theories and concepts?
- Reflect on both your individual and your team’s work in this semester. What would you do differently if you had to repeat the work, using the OB theories and concepts to support your reasoning.
- You are encouraged to suggest your own reflective report topic, particularly if it is relevant to your own work experience or field of study, but please make sure that you seek approval from your tutor for your suggested topic before commencing work on the report.
FORMAT: flexible (structured or unstructured) and personalized writing
The purpose of Assessment Task 3 is two-fold. It provides an opportunity:
- For students to reflect on (think about and understand) their learning experiences, and
- For facilitators to monitor students’ progress through their reflections.
This is not entirely a purely academic research task. Your personal experience and understanding should be your primary resource. However, it should not be just a private journal entry. Do not use it to thoughtlessly share how much you are enjoying the assessment tasks, or to tell others how ‘nice’ everyone and everything is. On the other hand, it should not contain a series of complaints with a lot of meaningless emotional language.
Remember: These are the recommended skills you will use in your entire life. For example, in writing about Assessment Task 1 and participating in Assessment Task 2, you are both a participant and an observer. You should present a considered view, in personal terms, of how the findings of Assessment Task 1 affected your participation in Assessment Task 2. It is acceptable, even necessary, to write about yourself, your realizations, and your feelings. Where appropriate, you should include theories that support your statements and reflections. Individual Task 3- Reflective Report
MARKING CRITERIA: The aim of Assessment Task 3 is not merely to develop reflective skills in students. Some general criteria that can be used to indicate adequacy include:
Clarity and observation in presentation of events or issues
- Depth and detail of reflective accounts
- Evidence of a deep understanding of the subject matter
- Evidence of critical thinking
- Evidence of speculation
- Honesty of self-assessment
- Method of presentation
- Questions that arise from the reflective processes and which require further reflection