Informative Organizational Research Paper
- Topic of paper
- An informative organizational paper on Riverside Healthcare in Kankakee, IL. Writing on a different topic will result in a zero for the assignment.
- Purpose of paper
- The student will research the organization to understand all the aspects of a healthcare organization.
- Required content (all must be addressed completely to receive full credit)
- Mission statement – what is their mission statement, how do you interpret it, and what would you expect to find in your research about the organization based on their mission statement?
- Values – what are their core values and what do they stand for?
- History – what is the history of the organization, original open date, growth milestones
- Leadership – who is their current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and what is his background with the organization? Who were past CEOs?
- Entities – what other entities are part of this organization?
- Locations – where are the off campus sites for the organization?
- Services provided – what type of services are provided (ex: inpatient, outpatient, primary care, cardiology, trauma, stroke center…)
- Awards and Accreditations – what awards and accreditations has the organization received and explain their significance?
- Community Involvement – what does this organization do for their community and how many dollars are spent?
- What supporting information is available to determine if the organization is living up to its mission statement?
- Is the organization for-profit or not-for-profit? What are the government requirement for that status?
- Conclusion – what are your thoughts on this organization?
- Minimum of 1,600 words (approximately 8 pages)
- Title page and Reference page do not count in word count or page count
- Do not exceed 10 pages
- APA format
- Proper title page, page numbers, double-spaced, new times roman font 12pt, one inch margins, in-text citations, reference page. Abstract page not required.
- Refer to “Hints for Discussion Board Threads using APA” for reference
- Minimum of 4 scholarly references
- Organization website must be one reference
- References other than the organizational website should help support the additional requirements section of guidelines
- Scholarly references are reliable sources for information, Wikipedia is not acceptable.
- Total Points for Paper – 40
- Meets all content requirements: 20 points
- Meets word requirements: 5 points
- Meets APA format requirements: 10 points
- Proper grammar, punctuation, sentencing: 5 points
Plagiarism will result in a zero for the assignment and further disciplinary actions for the course. You MUST have references listed AND use in-text citations where you used the information from sources to avoid plagiarism and no points being awarded.