INT101 Assessment 4 Essay
Assessment 4: Written Essay (30%)
Research one of the values and principles (listed below) underpinning community work in Australia, and analyse it based on one of the discussion topics listed below. Choose ONE. Word count: 1200-1500 words. Use at least 5 peer reviewed journal articles.
Students are required to provide a definition, summarise important historical events relevant to current values and principles, and identify historical trends and current ethical and/or legislation requirements relevant to the chosen discussion point
Discussion points-choose one (you can include a maximum of 200 words from Assessment 2-where relevant).
- “Until recently, people with disabilities have been socially excluded from all aspects of Australian society”- Develop an argument to prove this point. Provide evidence of legislation (past and current), social policies and recent developments that have supported people to move from a status of excluded to socially included. Include a definition and explanation of social exclusion and social inclusion.
- “Women in Australia have been politically disempowered”-Develop an argument to prove this point. Provide evidence of legislation (past and current), social policies and recent developments. Include a definition and explanation of political empowerment.
- “The offshore detention of asylum seekers is a violation of fundamental human rights”. Develop an argument to prove this point. Provide evidence of legislation (past and current), social policies and recent developments related to the Australian Governments’ policies on asylum-seekers.
- “Until the health gap between Indigenous and non-indigenous Australians is closed, there is no social justice for Indigenous Australians”. Develop an argument to prove this point. Provide evidence of legislation (past and current), social policies and recent developments. Include a definition and explanation of social justice.
- “The recent passing of the Marriage Equality Act came as a result of over forty years of various types of advocacy”. Explain the role of advocacy. Explain the historical events and policy changes that were influenced by various advocacy campaigns.
Students can choose one value and principle from this list.
- Social inclusion
- Advancing human rights
- Social justice
Do NOT utilise sources such as www.tutor2u.com and other such web materials as these in no way constitute academic references for the purpose of your assignments. If you rely on such sources for theoretical support you will be deemed NOT to have met the requirements of the assessment. INT101 Assessment 4 Essay
Criteria Weighting 100%
- Analysis of literature on topic 35%
- Conclusions derived from analysis and assessment of the topic 30%
- Use and depth of research 20%
- Presentation and referencing effective and organised essay structure with correct referencing of up to-date resources and the APA References 15%