Medication Errors – Patient Safety
Choose a specific condition of interest and incorporate evidence-based strategies to support communication and ensure safe and effective care.
Consider using one of the following approaches:
- Expand on the scenario presented in Vila Health: Identifying Patient Safety Concerns (linked in Resources) and analyze a quality improvement (QI) initiative.
- Analyze a current issue in clinical practice and identify a quality improvement (QI) initiative in your health care setting.
Be sure that your plan addresses the following, which corresponds to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Please study the scoring guide carefully so you understand what is needed for a distinguished score.
- Explain factors leading to a specific patient safety risk.
- Explain evidence-based and best-practice solutions to improve patient safety related to a specific patient-safety risk and reduce costs.
- Explain how nurses can help coordinate care to increase patient safety and reduce costs.
- Identify stakeholders with whom nurses would need to coordinate to drive safety enhancements.
Communicate using writing that is clear, logical, and professional, with correct grammar and spelling, using current APA style.