MGT-410 Quality Improvement and Management
Finance for Managers Discussion 2
A&F’s stock price has been going down for weeks. An analyst investigating the company discovers that A&F has a healthy current ratio of 2.79, a strong quick ratio of 1.79, and a quickening receivable collection period of 43 days. The analyst decides to predict a relatively positive outlook for A&F based largely on these three ratios. Based on what you learned in this module, do you agree with the analysts’ assessment? Explain why or why not.
Provide complete answers to each of the following questions. Ensure to use a word doc and number each question accordingly.
- Explain the difference between internal and external customers.
- What might be some of the dangers of relying solely on customer input when designing or improving a product or service? What other inputs should be taken into account?
- Compare and contrast Deming’s, Juran’s, and Crosby’s philosophies about quality.
- What is the difference between quality control and quality assurance?
- Discuss the differences between a dimension and a metric. How are they related? How do they differ?
- Why is it important to assign weights to dimensions? What do the weights indicate?
- How does a weighted dimension score differ from a raw dimension score?
- What is the difference between the validity and reliability of a survey questionnaire?
- How might an affinity diagram assist in content analysis?
- Would “excellent product quality” be a strength for your firm if it was equivalent to the quality of competing products in the same market? Why or why not?