NR442 Objective Assignment 1
Objective Assignment 1
- What are determinates of health and indicators of health and illness related to populations?
- Describe Healthy People and provide examples of the major categories that encompass health objectives.
- List the three levels of prevention and provide examples of each.
- Compare the historical focus of public health on acute disease conditions with our 21st century focus on prevention and chronic disease.
- Identify evidence-based sources of information that can be used to collect data about a community’s health.
- Describe the community health nurse’s role in health planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- How does epidemiology play a role in public health?
- Explain the modes of transmission of infectious diseases and provide examples.
- Describe types of immunity, including herd immunity.
- Review schedules of immunization, and recommendations for all age groups in the United States. On a separate page, make a chart to indicate each age group and recommendations.
- Describe the legal responsibility related to communicable diseases in the United States. Provide examples of reportable diseases.
- Identify nursing activities for control of infectious diseases at primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of prevention.
- How are people at different levels of risk across the lifespan?
- Discuss impacts of environmental health and the relationship to risk.
- Discuss the future of healthcare delivery as it relates to community health.