Research Report and Presentation Part 2
These assignments relate to the following Course Learning Requirements:
- CLR 1: Assess the purpose and role of communication in a variety of contexts.
- CLR 2: Plan, write, revise, and edit documents for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- CLR 3: Demonstrate clarity, conciseness, correctness and coherence in English language construction.
- CLR 4: Apply the research process to representing and communicating information.
- CLR 5: Demonstrate effective speaking skills with individuals and/or groups.
- CLR 6: Utilize technology as a research and communications tool.
Objective of this Assignment
To use what you have learned about public speaking and visual aides to effectively present your research, findings, and recommendation from your research report.
- Assume that you have been asked to give the findings from your report to the CEO and/or board of the company you have researched.
- Prepare a 6-10 minute presentation. You will deliver a persuasive presentation that follows the techniques for organization, structure, audience rapport, visuals, and delivery covered Module 12: Presentations Part 1 – Public Speaking and Body Language and Module 13: Presentations Part 2 – Visual Aides.
- You will have two options for submission.
- Submit two files onto Brightspace. One will be a video of yourself using screen capture software, such as Zoom, MyMediaSite, Camtasia, Screencast-o-matic, etc. giving the presentation on your computer. In this case, you will submit your presentation as a video doc or as a sharable online folder link to that video and then submit a PowerPoint separately. For instructions on how to record a presentation using Zoom, see this link.
- Another option is add voice over narration to a PowerPoint and submit that. Here are some instructions on how to create a PowerPoint with voiceover.
- The following slides should be present in your PowerPoint:
- Title slide with your presentation title, an image that represents the topic, and your full name.
- Contents slide
- Body slides that follow a clear organizational pattern
- Summary and conclusion slide that reminds the audience of the main points you covered and states your conclusion (e.g., a recommendation)
- Thank-you slide
- References slide with relevant sources listed in APA style for the information AND images you used
- Submit your presentation to this submission folder by the end of Module 13.