Saudi Arabian Students in the US
Subject: Improving the skills of Saudi Arabian students before studying in the US.
Overview of the proposal
The purpose of this particular memo is to be granted an approval for my final research proposal topic. It is of necessary significance and interest for the students from Saudi Arabia who want to pursue or further their education abroad in the United States of America to have a guideline that will, in the long run, improve their skills prior to them moving for studies to the US. This is because the Saudi students find it hard to adapt when compared to the other international students from other countries. They find it hard even to communicate and also in adapting to the educations system and culture.
The unhealthy experience of Saudi students not adapting to the American education system easily is major because of the education curriculum in Saudi Arabia which has emanated from its high content in each and every course or the subjects being taught as well as a deficiency of proper integration, extended by the barrier in language. Past studies on the difficult experiences of most international students from other nations attending academic universities in the United States have outlined three basic phases of their experiences are; social, cultural and academic. We will address the following in this research proposal:
- The primary audience
- Importance of the research proposal
- Persuasive appeals in the research proposal
- Phases of the project
- Cost evaluation
- Sources of research
The primary audience of this research proposal are the general public of Saudi Arabia, who want to move abroad or may consider going to further their education in the united states of America as well as the state government more specifically the department in charge of education to incorporate in the curriculum relevant studies that will improve the skills of the Saudi students who wants to live and study well in US. This proposal will be useful for the students to acquire new relevant skills in preparation for life abroad and the change in academic, social living and cultural values (Al Morshed, 2011). To facilitate proper lasting habits of learning and living, there is a need to develop courses on training for enhancement of specific identified skills. This training can comprise of the development of dependable techniques as well as positive attitudes, emotional skills and the styles of acquiring knowledge. It will also enhance particular skills.
The problem we are addressing
The main objective of King Abdullah Scholarship Program (KASP) is to help the students from Saudi Arabia to enhance competence in intercultural as well as the mutual association between the international students from Saudi Arabia and the native people. Most students from Saudi reported that knowing English, adapting the American culture and the citizens, as well as making friends from America were the main motivating factor for them to study in the country. Hence, communication with the host students was critical in fulfilling the goals of the scholarship initiative and the dreams of the students. The only attitude can allow different people from diverse cultures and backgrounds to do things in peace and harmony. The students from Saudi Arabia and those from native America when they interact it will produce a mutual positive attitude that will allow the Saudi students a conducive environment to study and achieve their dreams (Al Morshed, 2011). The much they learn these improved skills the easier it will be for them to interact and acclimatize to the foreign cultures, language and system of education, which will improve their experiences abroad.
Importance of the research proposal
The reports from Saudi Arabia students who have come back from studies or visits in the united states has been alarming, this research proposal is meant to help them and enlighten others also who want to further their education in the same country on learning courses and training that they can undertake to improve their all-around skills to help them when they finally set foot on the American soil. The major facets according to the reports from the people who had returned from the US that the students from Saudi Arabia were facing difficulties included: the social aspect, the academic aspect as well as the cultural aspect between the two different nations. Academic aspect, the International students are experiencing more academic challenges, is not only the Saudi students. These difficulties are most likely to concentrate on the barriers in language, both spoken listening as well as English comprehension (Abdel, 2012).
The social aspect, staying in the in foreign nations is a very new and separate social encounter for most of the students who find themselves in the US. Due to the cultural as well as language barriers, most Saudi students have challenges in interacting and making friendships with the host American citizens or students, they, in the end, prefer to socialize and associate with other students from similar ethnic culture and language than the host American students. The cultural aspect, adapting to the values, norms as well as regulations are in most cases another experience for Saudi students (Abdel, 2012). Several Saudi students reported that the society in American facilitated privacy and freedom, while on the other hand in Saudi there were several limitations to freedom as well as privacy. Most of the students from the international community come with their specific cultural as well as social backgrounds, which are distinct from American teachers and also the students.
Persuasive skills in the proposal
We will address the logos, ethos, and pathos
- The incorporation of proper courses and training to improve the skills of Saudi students abroad.
- Help the students who are moving or considering migrating to the United States to search for a better education than what is offered in the country to have a better living and conducive environment as well as interaction with the other international students with fewer challenges in academic, social and cultural aspects.
- Offer recommendations for the State government to incorporate the courses and training to enhance the students’ skills.
- Proper skills are significant for a happier living and studying in the United States of America.
- Taking the significant steps to learn and improve on the interaction skills, skills on the different cultures and how to acclimatize to them, writing as well as spoken English language, note taking and the diverse dressing modes and the occasions.
- Acclimatizing to the ways of the new nation will reduce the challenges and experiences one will face as opposed to going against and the repercussions of each standpoint.
- Conserving and appreciating the differences in diversities between the two nations as well as the people’s way of living and doing things.
- Changing our education systems to allow room for foreign learning of other cultures, the educations systems, and their set up, in general, will go a long way in facilitating an easy living for our students in the United States or other foreign nation.
- Providing reports to the State government to incorporate the courses and training to enhance the students’ skills.
- The implementation of proper courses and training to improve the skills of Saudi students abroad.
- Assist the Saudi students who are moving or considering migrating to the United States to search for a better education than what is offered in the country to have a better living and conducive environment as well as interaction with the other international students with fewer challenges in academic, social and cultural aspects.
Phases of the project
The following table shows the time and task for the proposal…Show More….