Scenario Analysis- Training Method
The Training Method and Process
Introduction: An HR Manager or Director often acts as a researcher in first determining what the problem is and then finding a solution. In this Assignment you examine the training process from a macro perspective. Read the short scenario and then respond to the checklist items.
Scenario: The HR Director of the management consulting firm you work for has tasked you, as HR Training Manager, with writing a summary of who, what, when, where, and why for a training program that one of the managers says is needed for existing and new consultants. He has only provided a brief description of the problem.
Lately the firm has been receiving complaints that the consultants are offending the various employees at client firms.
The manager suggests a week long training program to address the problems. The HR Director recognizes this is a vague description and maybe an inflated view of the training needed. He relies on you to provide him with a summary of the training steps involved and a possible outline of a training program.
- Describe the steps involved in addressing the request for a training program.
- What training methods would you use and why?
- Describe a 1-day training schedule using the training methods you described above concerning the scenario and what might be included in a 1-day training in brief detail.
- Explain how the training methods you chose and the training you would provide would improve employee performance.
Complete a minimum 2-page paper (i.e., 500 words) not including the title and reference pages. Scenario Analysis- Training Method
Answer each question thoroughly.
Demonstrate your understanding of the information presented in the weekly reading assignments by defining terms, explaining concepts, and providing detailed examples to illustrate your points.
Include at least one reference from your reading assignments, or other academic sources, to reinforce and support your own thoughts, ideas, and statements using APA citation style.
Disclaimer: The organization and characters depicted in this exercise are fictional. Any resemblance to real organizations or individuals is purely coincidental.
- How can the company help managers give feedback that links the goals of the company to the individual’s goals?
- What type of performance appraisal approach would best fit with providing specific, actionable, feedback? Why?