Training Program Design
This assessment requires you to design and develop an in-house training program to address the training and / or development need that was identified from the Needs Assessment in Assessment 2. As a minimum, you will need to include the following information:
- A brief description of the organisation; and
- explain the importance of the training and/or development need that was identified.
- Identify participants;
- an explanation of the cohort of who need to participate in the program; and
- how would the participants (and the organisation) benefit from the program.
- A detailed plan based on your choice of learning theories;
- program objectives (no more than four objectives) and the learning theories that underpin your design;
- schedule and planned activities;
- method of delivery;
- instructions for the trainer, and
- feedback / evaluation.
- outline all the resources required that would facilitate design, implementation and evaluation of the program’s success or failure;
- list of hand outs, notes and/or powerpoints or other material for trainees;
- technologies required;
- staff; and
- what do you think it will cost.
- management support;
- perception and participation;
- finance; and
- conflicting priorities.
Please be realistic about the scope of the project that you select, and keep this to a manageable level. Whilst it is hypothetically assumed that you will be the trainer of the program, it needs to be develop at a level where any trainers could easily understand and used it for training purposes. You should also explain and justify your choice of various learning theories used to design the program.
engagement. This assessment task covers topics 6 – 12 and builds on what was learned from topics 1 – 5. More specifically it seeks to assess your ability to:
- Recommend suitable learning theories that can be utilised in specific organisational environments;
- design and evaluate a training and development program for a specific organisational context; and
- contextualise evolving directions of training and development within Australian organisational contexts, including emerging best practices.
This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes:
- be able to design and evaluate a training and development program for a specific organisational context; and
- be able to contextualise evolving directions of training and development within Australian organisational contexts, including emerging best practices.
Your submission should utilize visual communication devices as appropriate in order to better engage the reader and more effectively communicate your message. These could include: tables and/or graphs, and/or figures and/or diagrams, and/or images etc…, as would be expected in a professionally submitted plan within an organisational context.