Applied Bioscience 365 Questions
15 minutes seminar presentation:
- Identified appropriate issue: (Does the problem represent a valid current bioscience issue? Has the background to this problem been provided and contextualised?)
- Scientific approach: (Has ‘the problem’ been approached scientifically? Is the scientific content accurate? Referenced? Up-to-date? Has the information provided been critically looked at?)
- Have current and future considerations been looked at: (Is the presentation looking at both present and future elements? Have several possibilities been identified for future considerations (with likelihood)?
- Have Ethical considerations/Public understanding: (Have all appropriate ethical considerations been looked at? Where these discussed rather than listed? Have public understanding been looked at? )
- Flow and coherence: (Does the group appear to have met regularly to think about the overall story for the presentation?)
- References: (Has Harvard been used effectively both in text and in the reference section?)
15 minutes seminar presentation (this will be followed by 5 minutes Q&A) to explore a current issue in biosciences. You should choose a topic, which preferably lends itself to controversy, and consider current and future issues. Present the background scientific evidence for all points discussed, and explore ethical considerations as well as public understanding.