Assignment 2: iRobot Case Study
- Describe the different issues related to environmental scanning, strategy formulation, and strategy implementation in diversified organizations- CLO2
- Explain the contribution of functional, business, and corporate strategies in the competitive advantage of the organization-CLO3.
- Distinguish between different types and levels of strategy and strategy implementation-CLO4
- Communicate issues, results, and recommendations coherently, and effectively regarding appropriate strategies for different situations-CLO6
Read carefully case No 8 from your textbook (entitled ‘iRobot: Finding the Right Market Mix?) and answer the following questions: (1 mark each question)
- Draw the SWOT matrix of the iRobot company.
- What is the competitive strategy used by iRobot company?
- Use the five forces of the M. Porter matrix to describe the robot-based product industry.
- Describe the different functional strategies of the iRobot company.
- Describe the relationship of iRobot with its primary stakeholders.
- Describe the core competency and the outsourcing strategy of iRobot.
- What kind of strategic alliance is used by iRobot? Why does iRobot choose it?
- What are the main challenges that iRobot faces?
- Assess the competitive advantage of iRobot on its market.
- Recommend solutions for iRobot to improve its competitive advantage.