CNL-527 Historical Timeline Paper (Obj. 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3)
Review the Historical Timeline: Regulated Substances media piece. Read the list of major historical events listed below and select one to examine for this assignment.
- The Pure Food and Drug Act
- The Harrison Act
- End of Prohibition
- The Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act
- The implementation of substance use prevention programs (D.A.R.E., Just Say No, etc.)
Write a 750-1,050-word paper about the selected historical event. Include the following in your presentation:
- A description of the event
- The history of the law(s) related to the drug
- The impact of the drug on society to include how the legal status of the drug has impacted society
- A description of how an understanding of the history and legality of the drug from the event has impacted the counseling profession
- A minimum of two scholarly references
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. CNL-527 Historical Timeline Paper
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.