Comprehensive Investment Analysis Recommendation
Part 3: Investment Recommendation
Please review the Comprehensive Investment Analysis Overview to get familiarized with the project objective.
The objective of the final part is to provide an overall investment recommendation based on the analysis conducted in parts 1 & 2. You will need to prepare a well-written report titled “<Name of company>, Investment Recommendation”.
Unlike Parts 1 and 2, you are not gathering data in this section of the report. Instead, you need to support your points with a comprehensive explanation incorporating sound reasoning. While the main focus of your investment recommendation should be on the financial indicators, you should also consider other non-financial factors in your overall analysis, including the overall strategic direction of the company and industry trends that were examined in part 1 of your project.
You need to address all the following topics:
- Inform your readers how part 3 objective aligns with the project objective.
- Identify 3-5 significant points that justify your recommendations.
- You should not repeat the history of the company covered in part 1 (unless the history is going to play a major role in your final recommendation).
- You should not include all the calculations covered in part 2, rather focus on the most important for your investment case.
- You should amalgamate the most important information from parts 1 and 2 to provide the basis for your conclusion. You should focus on both the strengths and weaknesses of the company and then provide a final justification for deciding to invest (or not to invest) in the company you have selected.
- You should also discuss the limitations of your analysis. The ‘Financial Statement Analysis’ chapter in your textbook provides examples of limitations of financial statement analysis (towards the end of the chapter).
Submit a report that is 2-3 pages long. References must be appropriately cited. The format should be double-spaced, one-inch margins, using a 12-point Times New Roman font.
This course has Turnitin® fully integrated into the course dropbox. This means that you should only submit your assignments to the dropbox below. Please do not submit your assignment directly to Turnitin.com.
Once submitted, your assignment will be evaluated by Turnitin® automatically. You will be able to view an Originality Report within minutes of your first submission that will show how much of your work has been identified as similar to other sources such as websites, textbooks, or other student papers. Use your Originality Report as a learning tool to identify areas of your assignment that you may not have cited appropriately. You may resubmit your assignment through this dropbox as many times as you need to check to see if you have made improvements, until the due date of the assignment. However, once you have made your first submission, you will need to wait 24 hours after each subsequent submission to receive a new Originality Report. Plan accordingly as you draft your assignment. Once the due date has passed, your assignment submission will be considered final.
This assignment will be graded using the rubric located on the Course Rubrics page within the Start Here section of the course. Please review the rubric prior to beginning your work so that you ensure your submission meets the criteria in place for this assignment. The Case Study Project assignments, together, are worth 30% of your final course grade.