Ethics and Professional Practices
In this course, we have studied the importance of complying with ethical frameworks in professional practice. In particular, we have discussed several vulnerable groups of people in society for whom it is particularly important to have ethical frameworks in place to ensure their safety and wellbeing. These groups include children, persons with disabilities, the elderly etc.
For this assessment, you are required to illustrate your understanding of the importance of this issue by developing your own ethical framework for ethical decision making when dealing with vulnerable groups.
To do this, use a PowerPoint presentation to first:
- Show knowledge of the specific needs of vulnerable groups and their challenges
- Next, present an ethical framework laying out a plan for professionals to use when dealing with situations involving with vulnerable clients in their professional practice.
Other points to note:
- This is a PowerPoint presentation, so you are being examined on your presentation skills as much as the content. So, try to make your presentation interesting – use photos, music, minimise wording by using words effectively and letting the pictures speak for themselves.
- All presentations should be referenced in accordance with the APA 6th Edition referencing guide
- Students must attempt all tasks in the unit to be eligible to pass the unit.
- All papers that are late without an approved extension will be penalized by 10% per day of the total possible marks for that assessment.
- Marks will be deducted for failure to adhere to the slide count.