HS 255 WEEK 3 Global Issues
HS 255 WEEK 3 Cultural Determinism, Identity, and Economic Mobility
Read or listen to Global Issues in Context: “Cultural Determinism, Identity, and Economic Mobility.”
Write a 350- to 700-word paper examining the following statement:
“It is important to note that the claim that the culture of those in poverty is the key variable for understanding disparities in achievement and income is not limited to the United States or the West; this is an argument made about intergroup disparities globally.”
Include the following in the paper:
- Explain the role of culture and identity on disparities the article highlights:
- Discuss any connections you draw from culture, identity and economic factors.
- Consider any of these factors and the impact on helping clients.
Include a minimum of two sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
HS 255 WEEK 3 El Contracto
Watch the “El Contracto” video in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
Write a 350-word review of the video. Include the following:
- Find one element of the film which concerned you.
- As a Human Services Worker how you would seek to help the Mexican citizens who worked at the tomato greenhouse?
HS 255 WEEK 2 Attitudes and Behaviors in the Workplace
Reference the video from week 1, “Understanding Different Cultural Values and Values” video in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
Consider a situation in which your personal attitudes or beliefs have changed your behavior in a human services organization. What does it mean to you to have harmony in the workplace?
Write a 350- to 700-word reflection on how personal beliefs can influence your moral and ethical behavior. Include a synopsis of the following segments in the video:
- Fallacies and assumptions about minority groups
- Alienating interactions with minority groups.
- Recognize and compensate for cultural barriers and biases.
- Accepting and understanding differences in the workplace.
Format your reflection consistent with APA guidelines. HS 255 WEEK 3 Global Issues