MGT1AGM Agribusiness Assessment Task
Using either the dairy sector or the horticulture sector as an example:
- describe the agribusiness management context; and
- identify the key agribusiness management issues and opportunities for the sector; and
- critically evaluate strategies to enable agribusiness managers to overcome the challenges and capitalise on the opportunities.
|Assessment Task 3 is an individual assignment is a 2000 word essay on the agribusiness sector and based on the knowledge that you have gained in the subject while attending classes in the Shepparton region. The report should be 2000 words, doubled spaced (+/- 10%). Include at least 10 references from relevant and high quality peer-reviewed academic journal articles.|
|Word Count||2,000 Words (+/-10%)|
|Due Date||26 October 2018|
|Submission Details||This assessment must be submitted on the LMS via the Turn-it-in link by 9AM|
|Grading Criteria||See Assignment 3 rubric on the LMS|
|Specific Requirements||1. KEY Question: Using either the dairy sector or the horticulture sector as an example:
2. Based on your knowledge gained during this subject and interaction with local area agribusiness representatives, you are to research and identify a range agribusiness management issues to EITHER the dairy sector OR the horticulture sector?
3. Note that some resources have been placed on LMS to get you started.
4. Refer to the written marking rubric for Assignment 1 on the LMS to ensure that you understand the criteria that will be used to assess your work. For questions and discussion about any aspect of this assessment, please see your subject coordinator.
5. Provide your answer in essay format.
6. Turn in assignment using turn-it-in (Due: 29 October 2018, 0900hrs).
Formatting the Assessment
The individual assignment should be written in a neat, professional and engaging manner. Refer to the Achieve@Uni website (https://www.latrobe.edu.au/students/study-resources/learning/achieve) for assistance with writing and referencing.
Your assignment should include the following elements:
NOTE: Reference list and Title page are NOT counted in the word count.
Research and Citations
The individual assignment requires you to read a minimum of 10 academic research articles other than what are provided in the textbook and in class. Academic research refers to articles published in academic, peer-reviewed journal articles. The academic research articles should be relevant to the topic, contemporary (i.e., published in the last 5 years) and high quality (i.e., published in journals ranked by the Australian Business Dean’s Council or Australian Research Council as A*, A, or B). You are encouraged to use additional high quality sources beyond the minimum requirement (e.g., additional journal articles, book chapters, etc.). Tips for finding appropriate references will be posted on the LMS and further assistance is available from the teaching staff and the library. MGT1AGM ASSESSMENT TASK 3
Note that Wikipedia and similar sources are not acceptable for this individual assignment.
Properly cite sources in the main text of the essay and include a separate reference page at the end of the essay. The in-text citations and references should be formatted using either the current version of the Harvard style. See the library website for tips on using these formats: http://www.lib.latrobe.edu.au/referencing-tool/harvard