Report on Michael Kors Company
Step 3: Preparation for the Assignment
Before you begin writing the report, you will read the following requirements that will help you meet the writing and APA requirements. You will be doing an analysis on the selected company(Michael Kors). When doing an analysis you are not merely making statements that may be cited. Instead, you will be supporting the statements made. “Support” is the process of explaining, discussing and analyzing “why” and “how,” which is a higher level critical analytical skill that is required. Support is needed to do well on this project.
Step 4: Introduction
Create an introductory paragraph. The Introduction should clearly and concisely convey the main points of the assignment’s requirements. Review the following website to learn how to write an introductory paragraph: http://www.writing.ucsb.edu/faculty/donelan/intro.html
Step 5: How to Set Up the Report
Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document using 12-point font. The final product cannot be longer than 12 pages in length, which includes all tables and matrices but excludes the title page and reference page. Those items identified in the technical analysis should appear under the appropriate heading in the paper. Do no use an Appendix.
Follow the following format using these topics as headings:
Title page with title, your name, the course number, the instructor’s name;
Internal Environmental Analysis
Strategic Analysis & Strategy Selection
Step 5: Required Elements for the Report Under the appropriate heading listed above, include the following:
Background analysis including vision and mission statements and objectives
Internal Environmental Analysis
Corporate Level Strategy
Business Unit Level Strategy
Functional Level Strategy
Explain how these strategies align with the company’s vision and mission statements; o Assess the company’s interactions with its stakeholders, the organizational structure, the organizational culture, and communication/decision making among managers within human resources, marketing production, operations, finance and accounting, R&D, and computer information systems, which can be accomplished by viewing the company’s website, interviews, and surveys.
Technique Analysis: Develop and explain an IFE, BCG matrix, Grand Strategy Matrix, and QSPM. The expectation is not to copy from the Internet but to develop one′s own. If copied from the Internet, a zero will be assigned. The various tools are to appear in the appropriate area of the paper and not in one section of the paper. When placing any table or figure in a table, it must be explained in detail.
Strategy Analysis: Identify and explain company strengths and weaknesses. Discuss success factors and what the company must do to perform successfully in the industry? Discuss what strategies would allow the company to capitalize on its major strengths. Discuss strategies that would allow the company to improve upon its major weaknesses.
Alternative Strategies: Generate a minimum of three possible alternative strategies for the company; o Identify and discuss cultural factors that should be considered in analyzing and choosing among the alternative strategies; o Prioritize and explain the selection of alternative strategies:
Recommendation: Recommend the best one or two strategies among the alternative strategies and explain why these strategies are the best;
Step 6: Report Requirements to Follow In writing the report,
- Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing).
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so do not use them.
- No direct quotes except for mission statement and vision statement. For all other source material used in the analysis, you will not use direct quotation marks but will instead paraphrase. What this means is that you will put the ideas of an author or article into your own words rather than lifting directly from a source document. You may not use more than four consecutive words from a source document, as doing so would require direct quotation marks. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks. • Use in-text citations and provide a reference list that contains the reference associated with each in-text citation.
- You may not use books in completing this project.
- Provide the page or paragraph number in every in-text citation presented.