Supply Chain Design Report
This assignment is designed to test your knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain design, planning and implementation in the global context. There are two tasks given below, and each task relates to various aspects of International Supply chain design, planning and implementation. Task 1 is a report based on the given scenario, learners should write a minimum of 3500 words, however some questions may require detailed explanations hence taking the learners beyond the minimum word limit. Task 2 is a presentation; the guidelines are provided.
NOTE: –. You must support your answers with evidence from acknowledged academic sources. Personal experiences can also be used to illustrate the application of a topic/theory, but the participants must still provide evidence from acknowledged sources to support their answers. The training sessions and activities conducted during classes are not the only sources of information. You are encouraged to draw on as many appropriate sources as you can. The more you engage with the literature of the topic, the better the likelihood of achieving a higher grade/ award. Supply Chain Design Report
Assignment Task 1: [75 Marks]
Read the following Scenario, and prepare a report with the guidelines provided.
Scenario: Gartner, Inc. has released the results of its annual supply chain top 25, identifying supply chain leaders and highlighting their best practices. After seven consecutive years of scoring in the top five of the Supply Chain Top 25, Unilever joined Apple, P&G, Amazon and McDonald’s in the “Masters” category, which Gartner introduced in 2015 to recognize sustained leadership over the last 10 years. The 2019 annual supply chain top 25 leaders are available at: –
Learners must select any organisation from the above list of global supply chain top 25 leaders and develop a report, proposing strategies to reconfigure the supply network design. By answering the questions below in the form of a report, learners should clearly be able to analyze the paradigm shift from anticipation to response-based models. Learners should also be able to adopt the Collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment techniques to enhance supply chain decisions in the chosen organization.
The report should include the following:
- Executive Summary (5 marks)
- Introduction of the Chosen Organization and background to the need for supply network design change. (7 marks)
- Explain any two supply network configurations which can be explored and evaluate the relevance of these models to the chosen organization. (8 marks)
- Evaluate the factors that must be considered as the organization adopts a Response based business model. (10 marks)
- Assuming you are the new Supply Chain director of the organization, what procurement strategies should be implemented? Strategies recommended must contribute to transition from a push based to a pull-based system if required. (10 marks)
- How can the adoption of a Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment [CPFR] concept contribute to both reactive and proactive response models mentioned above in the context of the organization’s circumstances? (15 marks)
- Examine and discuss the cross- functional supply chain drivers of the chosen organisations business model (10 marks)
- Conclusions and recommendations (5 marks)
- Harvard referencing and citations (5 marks)
Assignment Task 2(25 marks)
For the chosen organisation in task 1, learners are asked to make a short presentation to apply the supply chain operations and reference model (SCOR model). You should satisfy these objectives while making the presentation: –
- Using the SCOR model, you should develop and present a strategy that would aid in improving the chosen organization’s position.
- Using the scope of the SCOR model diagram, label the supplier customer relationship spectrum highlighted, in the context of the chosen organization’s supply chain network and develop a SCOR roadmap for the organization. Supply Chain Design Report
Guidelines for the presentation are as follows: –
- For the presentation, learners need to use the organisation chosen for Task 1
- Learners are requested to use PowerPoint presentations (Maximum of 12 slides) to make the presentation.
- The presentation will be delivered via the LMS and the e-lecta portal (our team will help you set up the delivery in the system) and the maximum time allotted for the presentation is 15 minutes followed by 5 minutes for Q’s and A’s. (kindly note: – Delivery within 15 minutes carries 2 marks)
- The presentation date will ideally fall on the last two sessions for the module, the exact date will be informed in advance by the faculty.
- There is no specific structure as such for the presentation, any structure can be followed and the learners are encouraged to be creative and proactive to make the presentation academically relevant.
- This is an individual presentation; learners will have to prepare and deliver the presentations individually and are advised to discuss any concerns regarding the presentations with the faculty.