Assessment 3 – Management Case Research and Analysis
This assessment will contribute 30% to your overall grade.
Women entrepreneurs play a significant role in contributing to the growth of the global and local economy. They are a significant part of the global expedition for sustained economic development and social progress. Indian born American businesswoman, Indra Krishnamurthy Nooyi was the Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of PepsiCo, one of the world’s leading food and beverage companies. On August 14, 2006, Nooyi was named the successor to Steven Reinemund as chief executive officer of the company effective October 1, 2006. Nooyi joined PepsiCo in 1994 and was named the president and CFO in 2001. Nooyi has directed the company’s global strategy for more than a decade and led PepsiCo’s restructuring, including the 1997 divestiture of its restaurants into Tricon, now known as Yum! Brands. Nooyi also took the lead in the acquisition of Tropicana in 1998, and merger with Quaker Oats Company, which also brought Gatorade to PepsiCo. In 2007 she became the fifth CEO in PepsiCo’s 44 years history. Nooyi’s key contributions include promoting and supporting socially responsible business practices, including taking on one of the planet’s most pressing problems, climate change. Her commitment to global citizenship is evidenced by her multiyear growth strategy, ‘Performance with Purpose’. (Ray and Ray, 2011; P: 6).
Dear students for this assignment please watch the video and browse the details about PepsiCo https://www.pepsico.com/sustainability/performance-with-purpose to understand the concept of ‘performance with purpose’
Students must not contact the organisation directly. The case must be based on material available in the public domain.
- How will you use the leadership theories to analysis the importance of sustainable decisions as ‘Performance with Purpose’.?
- Using ‘Performance with Purpose’ as a case critique the management decisions of any three Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies which are using sustainable positioning as a greenwash strategy.
- Describe the examples of social impacts created in the three FMCG companies.
- Provide some short-term and long-term management recommendations for these companies.
Ray, S. I. A., & Ray, I. A. (2011). Women entrepreneurship in India: Some critical issues and challenges. International Journal of Contemporary Business Studies, 6-30. Assessment 3 – Management Case
Submitting the Assignment
This is an individual report. You should submit using the Moodle submission link for this assignment. Remember that, the report should
- demonstrate your ability to present a well written and well-structured report
- be approximately 1,500 words (maximum 1,750 words)
- use Calibri 12 point font, 1.5 line spacing
- use Harvard referencing, 15 references are expected. Please use at least 75% of academic references.